Pages

Day 3

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 3 is my day, in great detail.
here it goes..


Well I woke up at 6..more like woken up at 6 am. Nursed the little man, and put him back to sleep, as I myself crawled back into bed. We then woke up at 8:45 am. fed Calvin again and changed his diaper. I wanted to bad to crawl back into bed as we stayed up till 1 in the morning watching LOST episodes. (worst idea everrr) Instead I brought Calvin into my room and we hung out on our bed for a little. I hopped in the shower. put my church clothes on and dried my hair. Steven took a shower while I changed the little man into his church clothes and propped him in our bed while I finished getting ready. grabbed some oatmeal from the crock pot because I was a good wifey and made overnight oatmeal so it would be all ready when we woke up (best idea ever). finished my makeup while Steven finished getting ready. we all started to head out the door and "Benji proofed the house". Got to church around 11 am. actually on time! Steven took the sleeping babe with him to priesthood as I went to relief society without the baby for the first time. (ps. our church goes backwards) then we mingled in the halls until Sunday school started. By this time Cal had waken up and we made our way to the mothers lounge so I could feed and change him. we made it back to the last 10 minutes or so of Sunday school. Then it was time for Sacrament Meeting. Little man was getting a little antsy by this time. he was fine for the first...15 minutes? then he started squirming and getting fussy..after a few good cries/screams I took him out and walked the halls with him. I tried cradling him to sleep in my arms, and he just screamed as loud as he could. I kept walking, he kept rubbing his eyes with his hands and rubbing his face into my shoulder. I knew he was tired, but he fought it..hard. My back was killing me and my arms were dying from holding him. I was secretly hoping Steven would read my mind and come rescue me because I didn't think I would last. getting desperate, I walked into an empty classroom. turned out the lights so it was pitch black. and forced him into my shoulder with his binky and blanket..less than a minute he was OUT. Hallelujah! I slowly walked out to the halls praying the lights and noise wouldn't wake him up. I got back to the chapel with him still asleep..success! I make it back to our pew only to find Steven slumped all the way over passed out. oh surrrreee. (I was a teensy bit put off about it, but quickly got over it) with 10 minutes left of sacrament I was able to listen to the last talk. we make it home and calvins still asleep woo!..only for 15 mins. I took a few pictures of Calvin in his Sunday best, showing off his bow tie that I made. then fed him while Steven took a "powernap". I got Calvin all cleaned up afterwards and put him down for a nap...well after fighting sleep once again and a little bit of Tylenol, he goes down. yes! I played a game on my phone for a few minutes enjoying the peace and quiet in the house. Steven finally woke up and said "why don't you go take a nap and I'll pick up the place". well you don't have to twist my arm for that one! I wake up an hour and half later, feeling better than ever. I seriously cant remember the last time I took a nap like that uninterrupted! I come out to a sparkling clean place with a baby happy to see me as he's playing with his toys. *kudos to the hubs!* I then pull out the recipe for dinner and look it over as I feed Calvin. I change Calvin's diaper and set him down to play as I make dinner. He plays with his toys nicely for a good 10 minutes while Steven does homework, and then...it all begins. Teething really sucks right about now..and I feel so bad for the poor little guy. He gets fussy right in the middle of me making dinner. I know Steven needs to get his homework done, so I try not to interrupt him. I get Calvin settled for a little bit to make progress on dinner, only for him to get upset again. I knew he was getting tired but he was fighting it once again. Dad finally takes him and he's asleep after a few minutes. score! I finally get dinner in the oven and cooking and clean up the kitchen a bit only for him to wake up again crying...nothing would satisfy him, and Sophie the giraffe would only last so long. Since it had been long enough I gave him more Tylenol, and he fell back asleep right as dinner was ready. finally we eat dinner..super late might i add. and watch an episode of lost. andddd he wakes up! this time I knew he was hungry. I fed him some pears, and then some oatmeal. Then I gave him a bath and put some clothes on him. snapped a few pictures of him with his 5 month sticker on, since hes 5 months today! put his jammies on, wrapped him up tight in his swaddleme blanket, turned out the lights, grabbed his blanket and binky, told him I loved him and gave him a few kisses and put him to bed. He whined for a little bit only because he lost his binky, we gave it back to him and he fell right asleep and has been asleep ever since. yessss. we watched some more Lost episodes. while I uploading some pictures onto the computer and started blogging. and here we are now. 11:45pm. I'm sitting in bed with the laptop as the hubby and dog are passed out next to me. Now its my turn for some more sleep :) Now that I'm all caught up..Here's a little picture of the little man with his bow tie!


Can't get enough of that smile! even when he's being a booger :)

oh and ps. the green smoothie challenge came to a dramatic end. my blender decided to stop blending my smoothies anymore..and my smoothie turned out nasty the day this happened..soo..I'm hoping to get a Ninja blender, or just a really good one like this that will mix it up real good and not leave big chunks of leaves in it. I love salads and stuff but this recipe I seriously almost threw it up. I had to plug my nose and chug it..the second time around it came to drink it it was worse. And then the next day my blender decided to take a break. Since then, I do feel the urge to crave healthier foods. only after 4 days. I only imagine if I was able to finish the challenge. I will do it again for sure when I have a better blender I can rely on. but until then my plan is to eat lots of fruits and veggies and just watch what I eat and how much I eat. I haven;t touched my blender today in hopes it may work tomorrow. Dear blender of mine, you will be in my prayers tonight, I loved having a smoothie everyday. If you do decide to resurrect tomorrow I will continue to use you every day If i can, to add in a green smoothie each morning. Sincerely, me. 
what are your favorite green smoothie recipes?  I would love to try some new ones other than the ones I do love already!


Thanks for stopping by for a..not so quick read. I PROMISE there will be a snazzy trash post tomorrow. It's been a bit challenging getting a chance to snap some good photos for my posts but its on my to do list tomorrow :) 
Good Night!
Xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs