Pages

Christmas 2012

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Our first Christmas as parents. I've got to say, its a lot more exciting! Even though baby Calvin literally slept through the whole thing. I think I was more excited than anyone. This year, as things happened, and we had Calvin, I wasn't working, meant strict budget. therefore we really didnt have any money to get each other gifts this year. But during the whole month of December I couldnt help but ponder about something creative and free at the time that I could give Steven as he's been working so hard for us. It then hit me, duh, why didnt this pop up earlier? I gave him the gift of time..by creating a year of dates. I planned a date for each month of 2013. He always talks about wanting to spend more time with us, and its super limited now with his busy schedule that we hardly get any time together. Now we can ensure to have a date night together whether it be just the 2 of us, or 3, we will be together at least one night of the month doing something as a family. It killed him to not be able to think of something or have time to come up with something to get me for christmas. But I told him I didn't need anything else, because we already have everything we need. The most important thing to me was that we were together as a family and we have a warm place to live with food and our adorable little son. He had to work christmas eve until about 8 i think it was. He came home with a poinsettia plant, a fresh christmas wreath and few other things he wrapped up. He was so excited to give them to me and I was so confused knowing we really didnt have the money for any of it. He said it didnt matter, he just worked really hard for them. I open them up, and he had gotten me a box of oreo cookies from whole foods and homemade reeses peanut butter cups. I couldnt help but smile, some of my favorite things :) He then informed me that he had gotten $5 whole foods cash for something he did at work. He was thrilled and scoured the store up and down the isles looking for something to get me for christmas. This is by far probably going to be one of my most favorite gifts from him as well as Christmases. It really isn't about the gifts, but the meaning of Christmas and having your loved ones by your side. We did manage to get Calvin a little something and hes slowly loving it more. We got him a sophie the giraffe and a litlte sock monkey. He was also spoiled from my aunts and uncles and of course his grandparents. He got some books, clothes, toys and music. what more could he ask for?

It definitely was a different christmas, but a good one! Stevens mom flew in christmas morning and showered us with gifts and we prepared a yummy christmas dinner filled with ham, potatoes, yams, and green beans. It was a nice quiet day :) Here are some pics :)

not havin it...he just wanted to sleep all day..
excuse myface...cooking christmas dinner!

His babys first christmas ornament with his name engraved on it (the look of his face kills me.."meh")

all smiles :)

Benji showin off his christmas sweater (he's a little fat..)

he seriously slept all day (after we went and saw les misrables)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs