Pages

It happens. Get over it. Get moving!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Life 7 months after a baby I expected to be in a heck of a lot better shape than I am now! having a baby in the fall/winter however didn't help. Like always, I got SUPER motivated, I mean really. Went to the gym as soon as I could. slowly started running again, ate better, drank lots of water. and then...

dun dun dun....

The holidays happened. All the sweets and comfort food. Mexican culture is natural to have lots of good food. (OK maybe that's any culture) but I especially love Mexican food. So all the tamales and rice at Christmas....oh boy! and to add to that my grandmas rocky road dessert and all the pumpkin pies and breads. its just a disaster in your body. but secretly I don't mind it...;) Like I said in my title, it happens, get over it, get moving!

I've always been up and down when it comes to being "skinny" or in shape I should say. High school I had an amazing bod not gonna lie (thanks to soccer), but even then I still thought I was a little overweight. What is it with us girls and always thinking we are fat in some way?! It's annoying. But after all these months of me struggling to get my booty back into a routine of eating right and losing weight. I have come to accept that weight doesn't matter. The numbers on the scale don't mean anything. It's all about how I feel inside. I could be 120 lbs (skeleton..that was like when I was in middle school) and starving and miserable...or 160 lbs. and be perfectly fine and feeling really fit and "skinny". Notice I say "skinny"? That's because I know that my skinny isn't gonna be what my friends skinny is. I'm pretty tall and feel I have bigger bones. So of course my skinny is going to weigh more than someone who comes up to my shoulders. Also like most everyone knows, muscle weighs more than fat.

I don't know how many pins I've pinned on Pinterest, and blogs I've read for hours trying to find a good way to lose weight. (when in reality, I already know in my head what to do, just looking for some magical secret or something I guess?) But what it comes down to for everyone is, its up to you. Its up to you how badly you want to work out. Its up to you how quickly you want to lose weight. Its up to you if you really want to eat those fries and soda(my weakness). Its up to you to decide what plan works best for you. Just because it worked so great for someone else, doesn't mean you will get the same results. Sure you can do the same "plan" but modify it to meet your needs. 

Also doesn't watching So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing with the Stars, make you wanna get in shape and have ripped abs?! I mean seriously. watch an episode and tell me you aren't motivated?  Anyhow, bottom line is. Its time. I've said this multiple times. but it's got to happen. I want to be healthier for my family, and most of all myself. Happy wife happy life right?
side note: as I am typing this my body is sore, because yes I indeed did get up and go out for a run yesterday morning. It was a TERRIBLE run and I almost turned around multiple times, but I didn't and I'm proud of myself for finishing that mile and a half

So here's to fitting into those jeans I've had in my closet for years waiting for me. This fall. It's gonna happen. If it does happen. I think I might cry of happiness. 

Also I was thinking once I reach my goal, I deserve a reward. So my friends, I'm looking to you for ideas on what to reward myself with? Something that will motivate me even more to reach my goal faster! So please, if you would, leave a comment suggesting some sort of reward, and any tips you may have. So far my plan is eat more "rabbit food" (fruits and veggies) and watch my caloric intake of heavy carbs. Exercising at least 4 times a week as a start. and having ONE cheat day a week. I have to have a cheat day. I just do. otherwise I'll keep ending up at square one.

Well thanks for reading, I look forward to your feedback!

Xoxo

1 comment :

  1. I feel you! I have a certain pair of jeans I've been holding onto forever. Jack and I just finalized our plan yesterday! We're basically setting aside a teeny tiny bit of money for every day that we both work out and for every week that we don't go out to eat. (Because that's where most of my bad food choices happen!) Once we have enough we're buying Disneyland passes! It will probably take about 6 months. Your plan sounds awesome! Maybe the reward could be a little shopping spree to buy new clothes :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs