Pages

Our favorite hang out

Tuesday, November 13, 2012


Well, time for a little catch up since my last post. About 2 months ago I went to the hospital for that lovely cyst. Leaving the hospital that day I said I never wanted to go back until this baby was ready to come out. I must have jinxed myself. Exactly a week later we found ourselves back in the ER, this time for Steven. He had been complaining about a stomach ache that morning and he took a bath as I left for work. A few hours passed and I have yet to hear from him which is rare because I always hear from him at about 11 on his way to school. I tried texting, and no responses, I knew something was wrong, I could feel it (early mom instincts?) He called me back what seemed like hours later. He could hardly breath or even talk to tell me he was in pain. Steven NEVER complains about such pain and the only thing i could think of was either super bad acid reflux or his appendix. I left work and had to meet him our church building because he drove there apparently because he had no service at our apartment. I pull up next to him to find him laying all the way down in his chair shirtless, shoeless, with a pair of basketball shorts on. It kinda freaked me out at first but I couldnt help but laugh at the same time. After figuring out where his pain was, I was still unsure what could be causing such grief. What does that mean? go to the ER, just to be safe. we got there about noon. I didnt leave the hospital until MIDNIGHT. after numerous tests and lots and LOTS of waiting for results, Steven has his appendix removed. Weird thing is, the CT scan didnt say it was for sure his appendix but they said it looks like it could be his appendix and that maybe it was the beginning stages of appendicitis. So they gave him the option to take him off the morphine for 12 hrs and see if the pain continues and gets worse, then they would do the surgery, or just do the surgery.   We dont necessarily have that kind of time between school work and army to be waiting around for something that may or may not happen. So of course we decided to proceed with the surgery, and they managed to squeeze us in that night. I wasnt nervous about it until they took us up to another room and we went into the prep room for him to meet his "new best friend" who would knock him out for the surgery. The surgery only took 25 minutes, but it seemed like forever! I was the only one in the waiting room until my lovely sister in law brought my oh so pregnant self some soup and bread for dinner. (what would we do without family?) He finally came out of surgery and was super slap happy about everything. here are a few of my favorites. when we met him in the elevator to go up to his recovery room, he told his nurse "she was pretty easy to find huh. cuz she was the prettiest one out there!" haha ya i was the only one out there. he was also starving before surgery and begged for food all day and asked for me to bring him cookies after surgery. which he cant have. but when we got to the room he asked his nurse, can i have some cookies? when she told him no just ice and water first he growled at her. hah! we were all dying. Oh and on our way to his room in the hall he said " he nurse can we go through the drive thru?" and as the nurse went along and said ya if anything is open he quickly responds " wendy's is always open late!" haha this guy was killing me. there are a million other things he said that I could go on and on but I won't waste any more of your time :) He recovered really well. although he and I had a hard time with him not being able to lift anything for 3 weeks and no heavy activity. I'm just glad he had this done way before I went into labor and we were both down. that would have been horrible! But as of today he is perfectly fine and healthy, and no worries of him getting appendicitis. :) And without further a due, here is Mr Steven Crosby feelin good on his morphine!
                               
 (doesnt he look great in a gown?) hehe

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs