Pages

A Blessed Sunday.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This past Sunday (10/23/11) was a wonderful day. One I feel we havent had in awhile due to work and military responsibilities. We had a missionary homecoming talk in our ward and had a wonderful sacrament meeting. The Bishop informed us he finally got our records transferred from our previous ward, so we met with him after the first hour. He wanted to get to know us a little bit so we told him where we are from what our life consists of at the moment and what are future hopeful plans are. He then proceeded to extend a calling to me. Primary! I dont know what I will be doing in the primary yet, but I'm thrilled to be around little kiddos every Sunday :) I was a little shocked that Steven and I weren't given the calling like usual. But I guess we are growing up now and will have separate callings in the ward. haha. Bishop told us he had something else in mind for him. We also were able to finally get our temple recommend interviews to be renewed.FINALLY. Well I had to work last minute to help out so we were scheduled to meet with the Stake President or one of his Counselors right after I got off work. I was so excited to finally get these things renewed so we can go to the temple together again. Its been too long and Ive been dying to go! Well Stevens interview took forever. My husbands a talker! But then it came time for me, and it was real short and sweet. Steven was brought back in, and he was then extended a calling! We were not expecting this at all, but he is the new Elders Quorum President. We dont even hardly know anyone in the ward hah. But we feel so blessed to be apart of this wonderful loving and welcoming ward. We know the lord has prepared both Steven and I for this great journey ahead of us as we strive to serve in our new callings. We are so thrilled and couldn't be more excited! Also side note, our Stake President (who is an amazing man!) is part samoan and part tongan...no wonder Steven and him talked for so long! haha.

1 comment :

  1. Elders Quorum President! Fancy! I would be nervous! But I am sure he is great at it! Love and miss you Ali!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs