Pages

Ali's New Love

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lately over the past few months, I have discovered a new love of mine...
Cake Decorating!

I have had some opportunities to play around with fondant and design some cakes for my dear friends and their birthdays. Boy have I had so many ideas running through my head I just want to keep making cakes and trying new things with them! Someday maybe I will take a cake decorating class to get some more tips. But as for now, I think it will just be my form of art that I will enjoy as a hobby. So if any of you need a cake....LET ME KNOW!! I would love to assist you with any kind of cake:)

Here are the cakes I have made over the past months.

My first cake was this cake (above) was for a friend of mine at work....I forgot to take a picture of the cake before we dove into it, but at least you can get the idea...It was delicious! It was a white cake filled with real strawberries and white frosting. And of course my first experience with fondant.


My second cake was this cake for my best friend Whitney and our other friend Amy, they had the same birthday! This one I covered with white fondant instead of regular frosting, and also had some fun decorating and experiencing the difficulties of piping the letters. This was a chocolate cake with some white frosting filling - also so good and moist!

As for my third cake...oh its my FAVORITE! My good friend from work Ashley has a daughter that was turning 1 and they call her "Tinks"; they were having a fairy/Tinkerbell party. So I jumped all over this one and had so much fun making it! Of course I didn't make the fairies, but this was definatley a girlie cake. The actual cake was pink (strawberry) with white frosting. I covered it with white fondant but spray painted food coloring for the grass and pond. I used fondant for the flowers as well and sprinkled edible glitter all over. Getting the fairies to stay was a real trick, especially the ones on the sides. But since they all came on stands I took the three of the fairies and super glued sewing pins on the back and stuck em in and Ta DA they stayed!


Well That's all of my cakes for now, next I wanna try to make a different shaped cake, but who knows when that will be. As for now...I'm off to make a New Year's cake for our little shin dig tonight. Until next time..HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs